Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sad card to make


Hey, everyone! Today's card that I'm going to share with you is a sad card. It's for my sister and her family. They had to put their dog to sleep this week. That's one of the hardest things to do. We know the heartache of that type of situation, so I made this card for them.

It's a simple card. It uses the D is for Dog stampset. I started with a Kraft cardstock base. I stamped the bone in Very Vanilla Craft Ink and the paw print in Chocolate Chip classic ink. I then hit it with the heat gun to speed the drying time of the craft ink. Then I stamped the dog in black craft ink onto 3/4 of a Top Note diecut on Very Vanilla Cardstock and covered him in black embossing powder. Then I set the image with the heat gun. I finished the front off with red brads and Real Red grosgrain ribbon.

For inside the card, I stamped "Sorry for the loss of your best friend" in Chocolate Chip classic ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock. Then I used the Curly Label punch and punched it out. I then glued this sentiment inside the card. I chose the Curly Label punch because it mimics the shape of the Top Note diecut on the front of the card.

Tomorrow I will be back to filming and posting video tutorials. My neice arrives tonight to visit for a few days. I'm sure she'll enjoy being in my stamping room and sparking my creativity :)

Lisa

No comments: