Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baby Shower Diaper Cake and Favors













Boy, am I tired!! The shower went great and we all had a good time. I snapped a few pictures before it started to show you the diaper cake I made and the party favors. I just used paper, some punches, one wheel and 1 stamp and made everything coordinate. The baby stamp I used was one that I got free from Sale-a-bration a few years ago. I don't own any baby stamps because who thought I would ever use them since I have teens. But this year I hosted 4 !!! yes, 4 baby showers (and attended 2 others). I've gotten very creative for those showers :)
The first picture is of the baby shower invitation.


The second picture is of a 12x12 scrapbook page that I made that we placed on the podium when we entered. The mom can then use that as her first page in the baby's album.

Anyway, in the photos, you'll see the diaper cake. The diapers are rolled and secured with rubberbands and each circle has a large rubber band around it. I covered those rubberbands with the paper strip. I had to cut several lengths of paper, then I used an edge punch, then I used adhesive to adhere the strips together and then wrapped around the cake. I then decorated the strips with punched stars and a punched baby poem centered on a scallop circle. I think it turned out cute! My friend, Amy, found a pooh bear to put on top and that was the cherry on top :)

The shower favors are 2-4-6-8 boxes. I have a video tutorial on how to make them. It's a Valentine one from last year. For these boxes, I used a retired wheel and decorated the plain white paper. Then I formed the boxes and filled with Hershey kisses. Then I put a scalloped circle stamped baby poem on the front that was the same as I used on the diaper cake.
I hope these give you some ideas for a future shower you might hold. If you have any questions, feel free to email me :)
Happy Stamping!
Lisa

No comments: