Monday, January 4, 2010

Crab and Company birthday card



My husband spent a lot of time with his grandparents in Maryland along the Chesapeake Bay area. Crabs are meaningful to him. So, I used the retired Crab and Company stamp set for his recent Birthday.

I used Sahara Sand as the base and stamped it with Itty Bitty Background stamp in Versamark ink. Then I used the shell stamps from Crab and Company on the background too.

For the red strip, I used the same Itty Bitty Background stamp with Versamark ink, then used miscellaneous eyelets (that I've had forever and have never used).

I stamped the main crab image with Staz On Black in onto watercolor paper. I used my markers to color it. I used real red along the edges, then used pumpkin pie to pull the red towards the center. To do the sand, I used the Sahara sand marker and a blender pen. Then I used Crystal Effects on the eyes to make them pop a bit.

The sentiment is from Crab and Co. I love it!! When DH opened the card, I have him a big pinch :) :) I used watercolor paper and Staz On to stamp it and then punched it with the Curly Label punch.

My husband really liked it :) So, it's my first card to post in 2010.

I'll be back tomorrow with a Valentine's treat project.

Lisa

No comments: