Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cool projects




I had the best time at my upline Mary Atwood's class. She always inspires me with her creations and I always come home with new ideas. Today we made two cards and a fabric flower broach. Aren't they neat???!!!

I still have to finish the square scallop card. The flowers need a covering of Crystal Effects. If you haven't ever used Crystal Effects, it creates a hard clear glossy raised surface when it dries. The Crystal Effects on Mary's sample card gave the card just the right touch. I didn't do it at class because I didn't want to travel home with wet Crystal Effects. It takes about an hour to dry. And I knew I could easily do it at home.

What do you think about that flower??? Neat, hunh!! It uses the Stampin Up Flower Folds die. I don't own it, but am really hoping I can get it on my February order. Think of the possibilities. Your old jeans, favorite shirt that has a stain on it but lots of goood fabric. What about thrift store finds, cheap wools, tweeds, silks, etc. Oh, I think this die would be lots of fun!!

For the fabric flower in the picture, we put a pin backing on it. But what about doing a ribbon knot center with the ribbons ends dangling underneat and using those ribbons to tie it onto a purse or on a gift. What about a fabric flower on your belt or a fabric tied belt. I think this would be so fun to play with. You'll be seeing it, if it makes it onto my February order!!

Well, I hope you had a good stamping day like I did. Until next time, happy stamping!

Lisa

No comments: