Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Embossed Reinker Spread technique


I learned this technique from Patty Bennett's site. pattystamps.typepad.com/pattys_stamping_spot

I learned that you have to use white craft ink. Versamark won't work. (the reinker soaks into the paper and goes under the embossed areas, so that you no longer have a clean white outline). I also learned that Stampin UP's Shimmery White cardstock is the best for this technique. The other papers I tried, whisper white cardstock and glossy white cardstock, didn't give me as good results.

We made this card when I met with my downline :) Each rose turns out unique and there's no going wrong!! :)

We used Rose Red cardstock, Cameo Coral cardstock, Shimmery White cardstock, Old Olive cardstock, Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set, Oval All stamp set, Top Note Die, Leaves sizzlit, Scallop Oval punch, Large Oval punch, Cameo Coral reinker, Rose Red reinker, Summer Sun reinker, Whisper White craft ink, Clear embossing powder, embossing buddy and embossing heat gun, and aqua painters.

1 comment:

VIP Cards said...

I really don't now about this technique. But after saw your post i got lots of important thing which are helpful for me in the future. Thanks for sharing.